Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Was Lost

It was about 1 1/2 years ago now that I was last incarcerated. My freedom was taken away; what was left of my once promising life looked bleak. This would be the third time I was locked up for more than a weekend. There are too many others like me. There are men and women whose ability to make reasonable decisions has been compromised by a mental illness. And they suffer in jail do to these illnesses.
I remember the day that I first felt free again. It had been a little more than a year since I had first been locked up in June of 2011. And I did have some freedom prior. It was however on this day I got to go on my first unsupervised excursion. I left the group home I stayed at and went on an hour long jog. I am not sure I have ever felt better in my life.
I want to be a living example of what can be done with a person who is lost and without hope. I want to show the world that we need not turn our backs to those who suffer as I did. I have turned my life around in just 1 1/2 years. There are many out there who similarly to me can do good in the world. And can make themselves into better people. I want to carry their torch.

3 comments:

  1. Hi My name is Linda I have a son who was diagnosed with scitsophrania and has been incarcerated. That was how we found out about the symptom thru incarseration. Would you help us my son has no friends here we live in ft. Worth tx he grew up in pennsylvania. He came to live wih me shortly after was arrested. Then this symptom arose he did not make any friends and all he does is stay in room playing game on pc his daily life is eat which takes him 1 to 2 hrs then stands in kitchen another 2 hrs seems like his just thinking then goes in his room to be on game he literally plays for 10 12 hrs straight.I try to get him to do other things. But he says his alright.He also gets some tremmors in jaw head movement and hand when reaching to get his drink it happens sometimes it comes and goes. He had been on antisphycotics when incarcerated i gound out on internet it could be from medication. My Son before the incaration kept to himself.Went to work home ate showered and on computer rest of night then to bed around 6am then up by 1:30 pm to get ready and leave for work at 2pm he worked 3rd shift.Probably because he had no friends here and no cousins , uncle no family to visit.He and i did not communicate mush.I thought He was fine. It was a matter of time and he would have new friends and start going out. One day he started drinking heavily got DWI and probation and and 60 days jail. He read Bible . When home he was on a passion for God said he wanted to help the homless and all those poor people in jail.But his Mood changed after he came home from seeing his probation officer It was an older woman in her 50s . I asked him what was wrong he said nothing. But all week long i could see a sadness in his eyes and the smile and happiness gone.I insisted he tell me why he was feeling that way . He said the probation officer had as(ed him what did he learn from neing in jail He told her he read the Bible and their is a God and he wanted to become preacher. Her reaction was that she laughed at him told him you know how many time i heard that bunch of crock. He was never the same after. She came for a visit about month later she was very cocky and i yried to tell her my son was not well something triggered like a depression no motivation for life no goals. That he was not the same Happy Guy before all this.She said its a bunch of crock. She seemed a miserable alchoholic heartless woman.She showed no respect Not even for me I am in my 50s . This all happened 4 yrs ago. My son has bern home from incarceration 1yr and nine months and yes he did not want to go see her anymore she sent him to prison because he missed his appts with her twice. He came home worst. He would say his life is over. I have been helping him encouraging him printed out affirmations for him .I took him to PCP Dr. They did EEG. MRI.his been in phsyciatric hospital. I watch videos on youtube on how to help him naturaly like vitamins minerals amino acids Food (no antisphyotics)
    Quantum healer I have lid candles at church . I have prayed Jesus to other saints nothing has worked. I need a human being to talk in person by phone i need to dpeak with domeone who has gone thru what my son is going thru. 🙏

    ReplyDelete