Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Self-Publishing

A short time ago I mentioned in an article that I'm looking to make a book. I was intending to publish all my articles I have written. I wanted to take another 6 months to get more ideas on paper. My goal was to have written a book that was approximately 200 pages long. This idea has evolved into publishing a 50 page book. It will be  completed in less than a month.
My idea in publishing selected works from my blog as opposed to the whole thing is use the book for pr. I think using my best articles for a book will reel readers into the blog. The great thing about using print for promotional purposes is that it will earn a profit on its own.
Self publishing does require some money. I am going to spend well over $100 on the first batch of books. I have $20 going to a friend to have him design the cover. I will also have to pay to have the print formatted. This is still a fair price and I'm confident I will not lose out on this project.
If I want to make money this way I will have to promote the book. I intend to do a book reading shortly after it is released. I'm going to hold on to the book for a couple weeks after it has been published to promote the reading. This will give me enough time to promote the reading. All in all I am very excited about this new venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment