Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New Day

I have recently been feeling unmotivated. I think because it is such a daunting task to have a place in this world. I have been discouraged. I feel as though I can only go so far in this world from effort alone. I am just smart enough and motivated enough to keep going but not to get any where.
This morning in writing I have realized that much of the work that I need to do is not in attempting to be smarter or stronger. It is not done inwardly at all. Life is hard in and of its self and to treat each day as if it were new is it own work. This work is appreciated by others. And if I can not have the place in this world I desire from sheer determination, I can still love myself and my life.
In treating each day as if it were new I can move forward just as well as if I worked towards being more educated. The world rewards those who choose to savor life. They are rewarded with a sense of purpose and belonging. We need sometimes to be reminded that our significance in our society is that we have a light inside us. This light is fueled by a life lived for each moment of each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment