Sunday, December 23, 2012

Answers Within

In my younger years I set out to be a ski instructor. There are positions within the ski industry that ski instructors fill that are quite profitable. If you are dedicated you could make a good life for yourself teaching skiing. I eventually walked away from skiing. I didn't leave teaching skiing because I was switching careers. I left due to my bout with schizophrenia.
It has now been 10 years since I left teaching. I have traveled far and wide to put all the challenges of dealing with schizophrenia behind me. I've been to Castleton, VT. I lived in a group home there for over 2 years. Just prior to leaving Castleton I went all the way out to Colorado. In Colorado I learned a new trade. Having this under my belt I was able to get a job in Miami, Fl.
In going to these places and doing all that I have I have learned something. I've learned that I am unique. As I am unique I will never find what I need to recover from schizophrenia from going to far off places. However, in all these travels I discovered little by little what I have to offer the world. I know what I need to be happy and I understand my own needs in general much better than if I hadn't ventured out on this journey.
In the end the big questions we all have have answers that can only come from within. We need to open our eyes to see how we can take part in our lives so that we can be happy. We need to see what is rewarding to us and also know what is harmful. If we overlook what is available to us from within we will not be able to nourish our souls. And without nourishment much of what can bring us joy in life will slip away. The battle of the good and bad within us can be won if we know ourselves and recognize our unique and wonderful gifts.

1 comment:

  1. There are positions within the ski industry that ski instructors fill that are quite profitable.It has now been 10 years since I left teaching.

    Affordable Arizona health insurance and Medicare plans. Get quotes from Blue Cross, United HealthCare, more. Health insurance plans available through Lehrman Group include Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, Cigna, United HealthCare's Golden Rule and AARP, HealthNet, Aetna, Humana and more.
    health insurance tucson

    ReplyDelete