Friday, December 28, 2012

2013

Now that Christmas is behind us we can look towards the new year. I believe that for me this new year will mark a new beginning. It will be my first year as a  fully recovered schizophrenic. I have done a lot of work on my recovery and as a result can focus my efforts in this new year on being happy and fulfilled.
I have a new lot on life. I think there are going to be many positive experiences in 2013. And although 2012 has definitely been a banner year there is still room for improvement. In my attempt at making 2013 maybe my best year yet I will seek to continue doing what has worked for me in 2012. I will first and foremost continue writing.
I will in 2013 be able to shift my attention away from coping with schizophrenia to flourishing as a writer, peer, advocate and citizen. In 2013 I will begin speaking publicly which has always been a dream of mine. My first speaking event is already scheduled for January 16th. I am also going to take time to be with friends and family in 2013.
I have learned a lot in my journey to recovery. The most important lesson I've learned is to not take things for granted. This means to me to live each moment as with reverence. It is when we learn to see what we have as a gift and privilege that we will not allow all that life presents its self to be to pass us by.

No comments:

Post a Comment