Monday, November 26, 2012

Just Below The Surface

When I was a child I took a trip to a remote part of Vermont. We had friends there who had a cabin by a pond. I believe the pond's name was Newark Pond however, I'm unsure. It was a beautiful location. There were loons and a small island. I was a child in paradise.
I took on the trip a snorkel, mask and fins. In the late afternoon I went out snorkeling from the friend's neighbor's dock. I swam out into the pond about 35 yards. The water out that far was at least 25' deep, as I recall. In the depths of the water I made a discovery.
There was a massive boulder of which it rose to a fraction of an inch from the water's surface. I was able to stand on it and appear as though I was standing on the water's surface. I was proud for having made this discovery. I felt as if I had just set foot on a distant planet or discovered an ancient civilization.
What lays hidden to the eye is sometimes quite remarkable. We can often miss out on seeing the beauty and positivity in our world. I recommend keeping an eye out for good you may encounter. You may even want to make notes of the positivity you see in the world (I am going to try this myself.) In time and with practice you will develop a more positive outlook. This positive outlook will manifest its self in a more fulfilling and meaningful life.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matti: What a beautiful description of flat rock at Newark Pond and your experience! And you write so well! I commend you on your new found journey of healing and your gift of writing! I very excited for you and as always your have our love and prayers! - Mark Weymouth (re-posted with a correction)

      Delete
    2. Matti: What a beautiful description of flat rock at Newark Pond and your experience! And you write so well! I commend you on your new found journey of healing and your gift of writing! I very excited for you and as always your have our love and prayers! - Mark Weymouth (re-posted with a correction)

      Delete