Tuesday, August 21, 2012

WRAP: Wellness Recovery Action Plan


WRAP: Wellness Recovery Action Plan



Recently I have been working on my own personal WRAP plan. A WRAP plan is a well thought out self care check list. On it you will list many different things that are a part of how you maintain your wellness. You will list daily activities such as eating healthy and brushing your teeth, you would also list your own personal qualities that you exhibit when you are at your best. I wrote down things like confident, positive, motivated and fit. The WRAP plan also covers things like triggers, warning signs of a relapse and actions to take if you notice these warning signs.

The idea of the WRAP plan is to brainstorm ideas of how to maintain your level of functioning when you are at your best. This way you can look at it when you are not at your best and better make a decision on how to handle whatever may be triggering at the time. You will likely make better decisions when you are feeling well than when you are not.

I am looking leave my current residence before very long and for this reason it was recommended that I develop my WRAP plan. I will complete it before I move and will also check it pretty regularly when I first get in to my new place. As relocating might be a little stressful I will have to decide to do all the things that help me maintain a positive attitude and overall wellbeing. I will also have to look out for warning signs or stressors. When I periodically check my WRAP plan I will have to honestly note of things I am doing to maintain my wellness and things I might not be doing. I will likely have to make an effort to start doing those things again and may need to talk with someone to get support.

No comments:

Post a Comment